Penn State Students: Get some real world experience in agribusiness before you leave campus!
Apply Today for AgChoice Scholars!
AgChoice Farm Credit is pleased to introduce the AgChoice Scholars program, a unique experiential learning opportunity for a select group of Penn State students. This two-year program gives students first-hand experience working with Pennsylvania's largest agricultural lender and a glimpse into the agricultural lending industry.
AgChoice Scholars is designed to build the future leaders of the agricultural industry while increasing the potential candidate pool for future AgChoice employees. By participating in this program, students will have the opportunity to network with their peers, AgChoice staff and other industry representatives. Students will gain:
- Hands-on experience in the agricultural finance industry
- Business and financial management training
- Leadership, teamwork and communication skills
- Scholarship money and other compensation
Students will participate in educational seminars, a one-week externship, field trips to local agribusinesses, credit analysis projects, a field trip to New York City to visit the New York Stock Exchange and Farm Credit Funding Corporation and much more!
Applicants must meet the following guidelines to be considered for the AgChoice Scholars program:
- Applicant must be a junior (in the fall of 2013) in good standing at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park campus.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application.
- Applicant agrees to participate in the two-year program that will conclude in April of 2015.
- Applicant agrees to take a least six of the prescribed 23 courses outlined in the AgChoice Scholars flyer (PDF, 1.3M) during his/her undergraduate career at Penn State.
If you will be a Penn State junior in the fall of 2013 and are interested in AgChoice Scholars, please review the full program details on the AgChoice Scholars flyer (PDF, 1.3M). Click here to apply online today! The deadline to apply is September 20, 2013.
Contact us for additional questions.